Sunday 25 September 2016

Letters 211 to 244

Again, a huge delay between posts. I'm pretty sure that this blog now exists solely for my own record of the project but if you are still reading, I promise my end goal is to post on a regular schedule again.

The majority of my letters are for friends and family, but a few are still for local businesses or other services. I've stopped including information with the letters about the project. My letters are now more or signed with a simple "Kimberley" and I'm hopeful that they read as a kind gesture without needing more details. Initially I wanted to be acknowledged for the project, hence the hashtags, but now I feel like acknowledgement might kind of cheapen the goal. 

Ok, onto the next chunk of letters. 

Letter 211: For our Realtor on the anniversary of first viewing/purchasing our home. She's amazing. 

Letters 212-213: For two of my favourite kids in Ottawa. Our penpal letters have been sporadic as of late, but still a bright spot in my life. 

Letter 214:  A birthday card for one of my closest friends. We've known each other for over 13 years.

Letter 215: A Halloween themed wedding card for a dear Halloween loving friend and her (now) husband. 

Letter 216: A quick note to my mentor during university, she's been a constant presence in my life during a series of big events. She's wonderful. 

Letter 217: A postcard for my Nannie, whose cleared out her lifetime postcard collection to help with my project. 

Letters 218-220: Congratulatory notes for local businesses who've been kind and supportive of our latest endeavours. 

Letter 221: A note of encouragement to student leaders at my former university.

Letters: 222-223: Short pre-wedding notes for two amazing couples as they get closer to the big day. I remember the pre-wedding nerves and just want them to know how much we love them. 

Letter 224: A thank you card for the preservation society of Halifax landmark, the Public Gardens. 

Letter 225: A thank you note for a community health centre, central to a community that I love. 

Letter 226: A third thank you note for the amazing staff and guides at Citadel Hill, a place where I spent a 
great deal of time this Summer. 

Letter 227: A birthday card for my strong and lovely Mama. 

Letters 228-229: For two amazing kids who've grown up in front of me. 

Letter 230: For a co-worker as part of a baby shower gift, she's an incredible human. 

Letters 231-240: Cards for my kind, amazing, talented and wonderful co-workers as I prepare to take a little time off. 

Letters 241-244: Letters as documentation for the preschoolers in my class, one of my favourite types of letters to write. 

This leaves me with 116 letters left to write, and 97 days left to do it! I'm still about two weeks behind but I'll keep working to catch up and finish before December 31. Letters and cards make my heart happy so it's an easy project to work on. 

With Love, 

Kimberley 

1 comments:

  1. You are an adorable human I admire your commitment to this project it is an inspitation for many and I am sure the recipents of your wonderful letters smile and feel they matter. I know I do! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo