Sunday 3 February 2013

Superbowl Sunday

Clearly I am invested in the Superbowl tonight, so invested I have had time to shower, do dishes and homework and now blog. I am watching it in the background of all my regular Sunday night jobs. I'm rooting for the Ravens, mostly because when I turned on the TV they were winning by 4 points. In a happy turn of events they are now leading by much more. I love live, in-person sports, but watching on the TV I find it much harder to focus. 

Honestly, I am watching to see Beyonce (and hopefully Destiny's Child!) bring a party into my living room. It should happen any minute now, I've been singing Independent Women all day much to Jay and K-Fran's dismay. 

I finally returned to school this week after my week of being home sick. In the past two weeks I have attended exactly four days of class. Wow. In my defence technically in two weeks I only have eight days of class, so I didn't miss that much time! I'm feeling much healthier though and Jay and K-Fran seem immune to my germs which is good. 

This weekend we went snowshoeing in Gatineau Park. It was a blast, we took lots of pictures and learned lots about animals in the winter. I'm not in the mood to fight with my camera right now though so you will have to wait a little longer for snowshoeing pictures! 

Jay and I also headed downtown to check out the first weekend of Winterlude here in Ottawa. It was far less fun then last year. Possibly because it was not a sunny day today, just grey and cold. Another contributing factor was probably that everything is designed to look beautiful illuminated at night. We took a few pictures while we were out, I'll post those with the snowshoeing pictures I think. 

We spent a little time shopping while we were downtown and I managed to get $75 worth of stuff for $32 at The Body Shop. No joke. They had some great sales (buy three get two free!) and then I had a coupon to save $15 on a purchase of $40. Needless to say we stocked up! I'm counting it as a major win. 

Update: As I finished this post Beyonce performed, and rather then rewrite this post I figured I'd just add a little update. Destiny's Child did make an appearance, I jumped up and down fairly ridiculously. Oh, and before it started I shut off all the lights in our apartment so it would feel like we were there. I am ridiculous!

Anyway, I've got homework to finish and football to watch, after that amazing touchdown I'm invested hardcore now. If only I had my SMU Pit Crew suit, then I could make this official. 

Keep Smiling :) 

2 comments:

  1. You could slide down the hill...wait..there is no hill in your house. I used to be so proud of you when you were on the hill sliding team at SMU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaked out when Kelly and Michelle popped out! I totally predicted it, but I was surprised all the same. Best half-time show in a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo