Friday 4 July 2014

So, You Had A Bad Day

Cue Daniel Powter.....





Last week I had a REALLY bad day. 

Like, I wasn't sure I'd ever leave the house again kind of bad day. 

It started off pretty positive, but quickly turned crummy. I had a rough day at work.  It was a sweaty hot afternoon with a lot going on and tempers were high. I don't like conflict or negativity so it was hard to handle which pushed me further over the edge. 

I'll spare you the gory details, but basically I came home and cried. 


I could have put Kimmy K to shame with my weeping. It was terrible! 

And cried. 

And cried. 

And cried.

It was dramatic. 

Then I talked it over with Jay & realized at least some of the trouble was imagined and then I calmed down. The tears stopped and I pulled myself together. 

After almost a year of good days at work, it was hard to process. I started considering my options, wondering what I could do to avoid another terrible day. I was about ready to quit. Then (with help from Jay & a friend) I realized maybe it's ok to have a few bad days. 

If they're happening so rarely I don't know how to cope, then I'm probably doing alright. If I'm coming home crying everyday, then I should be considering new options. 

All of these rational thoughts don't help when you're in full meltdown mode though. 

How do you handle bad days? Any tips to help me squash my inner drama queen? 


Keep Smiling :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo