Thursday 26 June 2014

Stuff And Things: 06.26

I haven't linked up with Kristin in a while, but it's time for another instalment of Stuff and Things! If you've never seen Rick from TWD say it, you really need to. Jay & I say it to each other all the time now, it's a surprisingly satisfying answer. 

Quality is a little crummy- but you can here Rick say it and your life will be forever changed. Seriously. 






-> We went hiking last weekend. We were almost back to the car, and then we turned a corner and saw this beautiful deer, up close. We watched (and photographed) her for a few minutes and she didn't spook, I invited her to come home with us but she declined (yes, I talked to the deer). 


-> I scored an awesome deal on this Essie Nail Polish at the dollar store of all places, $3. I am obsessed with the colour (and I am rarely excited about nail polish)! They had a bunch of other colours, I might have to go back for more! 
Not the best photos ever, but it's like a bright pink with sparkly bits. 
-> After today I have one more day with my current class of kinders, then we have summer programming before it starts again in September with 3.5 year olds (eek)! We're making group keychains so they have something to remember their friends by. 

-> I made a photo book of our wedding photos, complete with stories from the day and advice from our guests. I'd never actually made a photo book before but I am so pleased with how it turned out! 


-> I am *newly* addicted to Sushi. I literally hadn't eaten it in 2 years, and didn't enjoy it. Then I went out for lunch with a friend a month ago and since then I've probably had it 7 times. Mind you, I only like the Vegetarian California Rolls, but seriously. It's delicious. 


->I actually was so lazy last night that instead of reaching the extra 5 inches to turn my lamp on I decided to wear my camping/emergency headlamp as a reading light. Jay judged my creativity. 

-> I turn 26 in just a few days. I was freaking out over how old that makes me, but on the other hand I am feeling like a much more 'together' adult now so age isn't so un-nerving. I just feel like every year I get a little bit better at being me. 

Keep Smiling :) 

2 comments:

  1. Cute nail polish!

    I got nominated for a liebster award and in turn am nominating you! Please check out my post for all the rules :)
    http://simplysavannahferran.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up!

    I didn't try sushi until I was 22 and then I started with California rolls. I've worked my way up to more adventurous dishes, but I won't eat anything with salmon because I just don't like the flavor of it. Cooked crab and shrimp rolls are a great place to start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo