Sunday 1 July 2012

Happy Canada Day!

It is a beautiful sunny Canada Day, here in our nation's capital. When we set out this morning I hadn't fully prepared myself for the spectacular sight that is Parliament Hill on July 1st. 

It is truly impressive, thousands of people decked out in red and white strolling along the normally congested downtown streets. Buskers performing, vendors selling any kind of Maple Leaf head wear you could ever want, trucks selling fries lining the streets. Everyone was smiling and enjoying the live performance. 

What really struck me was the multicultural feel to the celebrations. Sure, we hear often that Canada is a proud multicultural country, but today I felt the full spirit of that, as many cultures were represented in the celebrations on the street.

A new wig to spice things up!
To kick start my quote a day blog I've selected this tidbit from Interim Liberal Leader, Bob Rae, that sums up my feelings for this beautiful country today: 

"We have it all. We have great diversity of people, we have a wonderful land, and we have great possibilities. So all those things combined there's nowhere else I'd rather be."

Since words truly can't capture the magic of my Canada Day experience today, enjoy these photos Jay took of our adventures this morning! We came home to finish season two of The Walking Dead (it was intense!) before heading out to see the fireworks tonight! 

A sea of red and white!


Many of the buildings downtown had flags like this hanging, it was a nice touch in a city that is usually no fun!


So many delicious french fry trucks to choose from!


Happy Canada Day!

Keep Smiling :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo