Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Week Life Kicked My Butt

So, this Sunday update is *again* a few days late. My excuse this time might be the best one yet though. I have been home sick with the dreaded flu and then a sore tailbone (story below), so it has not been the funnest week of my life. 

Although being home all day gave me lots of time to watch wonderful shows on Netflix, especially those Jay and K-Fran don't think are wonderful for example: High School Musical, The Suite Life on Deck, Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana and The Secret Life of The American Teenager.

Before I got sick it was the busiest week I've had in 2013 thus far. I finished a toy organizing project for my babysitting family that turned out great. Worked a full day at the Kindergarten program where I did my placement, and attended a total of three classes. Awesome. 

Then I sat at home sick in my pyjamas (I'll spare you the details!) for two days, leaving only for McDonalds and a visit to Wal-Mart. 

When I was feeling mostly better the three of us decided to get our skate on down at the Rideau Canal. It just opened on Friday and last year it wasn't open very long and we didn't want to miss our chance! Plus it was a gorgeous day so how could we pass it up. 


Practicing my figure skating moves.
I looked this fashionable under all the  layers. 

When I finally skated on my own (it took about 20 minutes!) 

At least Kathryn looks fly right? 
After my *first* fall, I thought this one was funny! 
"Jay, what do you mean you ate all my Doritios?" This is seriously what I was saying. 
BeaverTails! 
Yum! 
All bundled up. 
 Ok, so as indicated in the pictures I fell once and found it hilarious. The second time I fell I landed on my tailbone,  lets just say less laughter that time. Oh, and a few dramatic tears for effect. I'm high maintenance. 

The only other particularly noteworthy thing that happened this week was that we attempted to start making button bouquets. I've been considering them for the wedding (that still isn't planned!) but to order them pre-made online would cost as much as real flowers. This is our first of what will be many attempts. 



Once we master a technique and figure out all the tricks I will share my methods with you! It's pretty simple though if you aren't looking for perfection. A little floral wire, and some buttons. Fold the wire in half, slide on buttons, twist wire. Repeat. It's trickier when you add floral tape which is our next step. It's not like regular sticky tape. I'm not pleased. 

Anyway, it's time to get back to real life and do some homework. Have a fabulous week, and wash your hands so you don't get sick!! 


Keep Smiling :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo