Thursday 13 February 2014

November 2008: Our First Kiss

How young are we? 
Last week I shared the long winded story of how Jay and I first met, and the long awaited first date. If you missed it, check it out here

This week, I've got the story of our first kiss, I'll try and keep this short and sweet. 

The Monday following our weekend of hockey game dates, I was working at the newspaper office. There was some turmoil, and I was feeling stressed out. Jay came up and we wandered down to a coffee shop on Spring Garden to get away. Within 5 minutes of sitting down I managed to drip hot chocolate all over the table, it just fell out of my mouth. It was both gross and embarrassing. 


Basically sums up how we interact on the daily, silly faces are the norm. 
That didn't scare him away though, we eventually went back to school, I finished up and then had to walk to an off-campus class. Jay offered to walk with me, his apartment was on the way. When we got to the intersection near his place we stopped to say good-bye.

He gave me a hug and then he gave me the fastest kiss of all time and sprinted across the street. It was bizarre enough that I called K-Fran right away, saying "I think he just kissed me- but I'm not sure." Needless to say, I didn't learn much in class that night. 




We went on to see each other every day for over a week, notable moments include me trying to classily eat a club sandwich when we went out for lunch, and the most delicious pork tenderloin I have ever eaten. The boy cooked it all up, had the table set for two, had cleaned his whole apartment but when I arrived asked if I'd eaten in the most nonchalant way ever. 

Oh, and six days after our first date, Jay perhaps a little drunkenly, told me he loved me. By that point, I knew it was real, and then we spent the next month trying to slow down and not be those weirdos in love with each other after only six days. It didn't work. 


If I wasn't already crazy about him, seeing how quickly he and my
sister became friends solidified it for me. They are best bros. 
I haven't decided what part of our mushy love story to share with the world yet, but brace yourself- more is coming! 


Keep Smiling :) 




Note: All pictures are from a trip to the park to take cheesy sisterly photos for our parents, in December 2008. Jay accompanied J-Dar, H-Mac and I to the park and not only tolerated our shenanigans, but participated!!

1 comments:

  1. Jesus Kim, this post nearly made me cry in the library. Watch out, because I'm going to be a bawling mess at your wedding. You're both too adorable for words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo