Tuesday 1 July 2014

10 on Tuesday: Happy Birthday Canada!

Source
A special edition of 10 on Tuesday to celebrate the big Canadian July holiday, Canada Day! I'll be honest this post is scheduled, I am out dancing in the streets with 350,000 of my closest friends. 


[1] Today Canada is celebrating it's 147th Birthday! In my humble opinion we should all get free cake! 

[2] Canada is home to the most delicious flavour of Lays Potato Chips, the Ketchup Chip. Really tastes nothing like ketchup but are addictive all the same. Also we've cornered the market on Smarties & Coffee Crisp. I know, in the US you have so many exciting treat options that aren't available to us, but these few Canada-only specialities are rare!

Source // Source // Source
[3] Canada is the second largest country (size-wise) in the world, first is Russia. 

[4] Ottawa, this lovely city we call home is the capital of Canada, home to the Parliament Buildings, National Museums and proudly holds the title of "Second Coldest Capital City In The World." 

It gets cold here. Cold. But then there are Winter Festivals and snowshoeing, so it's fun too! 
[5] The border between Canada & the United States is the largest in the world. Including Alaska, it's over 8,000km or 5,000mi long. 

[6] Canada can lay claim to this gorgeous & talented human. 

Source
[7] Canadians don't actually say 'eh' all the time, though I am guilty of saying it more often than I probably should. 

[8] Online shopping has been steadily improving, but there are still lots of online shops that won't take my money, to be fair some is actually called loonies and toonies ($1 & $2).  Still, I just want to buy fancy clothes off the internet- WHY IS THAT SO HARD?!?!? 

We love our toonies so much we have a giant version of them! 
[9] Apparently, 15 million cows live in Canada. Jay can tell you, I've probably 'moo'ed through the car window at about 1 million, 14 to go! 

[10] There are 10 provinces, and 3 territories in this giant country. I've stepped foot in 8 of the 10 provinces (Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta & British Columbia), sadly I've not made it to any of the territories- but I will!





*If I didn't already know the facts I found them here and here. 


Linking up with the lovely Alyssa for 10 on Tuesday and by a beautiful coincidence that we're blogging about the same things today linking up with Allieology for Day 1 of Blog Every Day in July. 


Allieology


Keep Smiling (and HAPPY CANADA DAY) :) 


10 comments:

  1. Ryan Gosling is Canadian?! I never knew that!
    Question. Why are there provinces AND territories? What's the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny, my ex was obsessed with Ketchup chips, being he is from Canada. I hate them..but love Lays dipped in ketchup?! And my fave is the EatMore bar! :) I found that some Canadians don't say 'eh' all the time, but some end literally every sentence with "right?" Wonder if they are interchangeable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's favorite candy are Smarties! Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, I forget that Ryan is Canadian. A welcome import indeed :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the states we have Smarties but they're TOTALLY different! One time Allie and I were talking about them with Faith and it was all very confusing until we figured out we were actually talking about two different kinds of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ketchup flavored chips! One of my good friends is going to Canada later this month to visit her husband's family and she has a long list of food to try, but those are at the top! I've never had them before myself, but she's excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for that lesson....how did I not know he was Canadian??? Oh and I need those chips ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it weird that I got really excited to have placed the southern most provinces correctly? Maybe I am jsut a nerd...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait. KETCHUP CHIPS? You'll have to explain these to me. And if Ryan Gosling is from there, SIGN ME UP! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Y'all have smarties AND Ryan Gosling?! LUCKY.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo