Friday 11 July 2014

Netflix TV Suggestions

In Canada our Netflix selection is often quite different, we have a few more movie options, but WAY less TV Shows. Especially crummy is that there are no TLC or E! shows on the Canadian version. How am I supposed to Keep Up With The Kardashians? or check in on the Extreme Couponers

If you're looking for recommendations here are a few, available in Canada and the US, I've enjoyed lately! 

House, MD
Source
Ok, he's a jerk, but his one liners get me laughing, hard. It's like a combination of the offensiveness of Family Guy with the cool medical jargon from Grey's Anatomy. Plus, the cast is pretty fabulous - they've gone on to work at the White House and star on hit TV Shows (Chicago Fire & Once Upon A Time). 

Family Guy
Source
I will admit, this show is terrible. It is so offensive, all the time - yet it's randomness and their musical montages are entertaining every once and a while. Some of the episodes I have to shut off, I just can't handle where they take it . Most of the time though, I just laugh at the Meg jokes and at everything Stewie says. I won't be offended if you judge me for this. 

Friday Night Lights 
Source
I am secretly a football fanatic, so this show filled my need to yell instructions at tiny players on the TV screen. It's a great show, completely addicting and enjoyable even if you don't really like football. Coach & Mrs. Taylor's relationship is perfection, it's worth watching just for their dynamic. 

Breaking Bad
Source
I know, I'm about 6 months late on the Breaking Bad excitement. I started watching it two years ago, but lost interest- this year I got back to it and it's actually pretty good. I won't spoil it, but I found the ending very satisfying, I was worried I'd be disappointed. 

Gossip Girl
Source
I've been a fan of this since I was a teenager reading the books. The books were good but the show is so much better! I can't get enough of Blair & Chuck or the season when Hilary Duff guest stars! 

Dawson's Creek
Source
I loved this when it originally aired, and then during re-runs, finding it on Netflix was like a dream come true. While their lives aren't really believable for teenagers it's an entertaining show and great for binge watching! 


Canadian Version Only Suggestions

The Good Wife 
Source
Again, late to the game for this one but it's so good. I was expecting some stuffy lawyer-y show without the human interest but instead it was a few fancy lawyer moments but lots of drama to keep my attention. They also sneak in funny songs (not like musical episodes) but jingles and joke videos quite often which was awesome! 


Nashville
Source
I binged watched this one for sure. I'm not the world's biggest country music fan, but I love this show. The music is catchy and the plots have a flair for the dramatic. It's addictive and there are lots of gorgeous country boys to check out in every episode. Plus Mrs. Taylor from Friday Night Lights stars, and she is just as likeable in this show! 

American Version Only Suggestions

Scrubs
Source
Hilarious. Up until the last season, it was extended a year too long and you can tell. But up until the end of Season 8 it's awesome. Witty and honest. I just loved it. But seriously, quite after Season 8! 

My Boys 
Source
It's been a while since I watched this one, but basically the premise is a girl whose best friends are all guys. Kind of similar to New Girl, but on My Boys she's more one of the guys. It's not particularly deep but I enjoyed it and the whole series is available! 


Hopefully some suggestion on this list helps you out. Do you have any suggestions for me, any shows I've missed? 


Keep Smiling :)

6 comments:

  1. I loooved Scrubs. Only "medical" show I've ever been able to watch. My husband still makes jokes about losing his "man card" all the time, and it's been so long since that show was on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really watched House, but I learned in a podcast recently that House is actually based on Sherlock Holmes! Makes me want to start watching it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget Homeland, it's well worth watching. You also need to be watching Murdock Mysteries, a good Canadian show starring Yannick Bisson. And "OH YEAH" never miss an episode of Republic of Doyle !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Netflix, actually more like addicted! Thanks for the suggestions! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started watching Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad, and Gossip Girl among repeatedly watching Sons of Anarchy and New Girl, and then I realized that I had a slight NetFlix addiction problem. Oops?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto with the last season of Scrubs. Ugh, so unfortunate.

    If they have these in Canada, I recommend: Chuck (it's hilarious), Suits (another lawyer-y one), Scandal (my fave, and I don't usually like dramas), and Drop Dead Diva ('cuz who doesn't love a good chick show?).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo