Tuesday 21 October 2014

Life Lessons From A Shopaholic

These books are old.

Like 15 years old.

Yet, they are still so good. So. Freakin'. Good.

I picked Confessions Of A Shopaholic as an easy vacation read, and quickly wished I had brought along the sequel, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan. I blazed through both books in less than 5 days, which so rarely happens with me when I'm reading anymore. I stayed up late and woke up early to read. They are literally books that I can't put down.

Since then I've made it through Shopaholic Ties The KnotShopaholic & Sister and Mini Shopaholic. I'm now eagerly awaiting the next instalment coming out this Fall, Shopaholic To The Stars

A few life lessons I've learned from the loveable Becky Bloomwood.

[1] Don't Lie. Stories about broken bones, strange sicknesses or imaginary aunts will eventually get you into trouble.

[2] Hiding Clothes Never Works. If you work in a shop (I said shop not store since I'm now thinking in a British accent), don't hide the zebra print jeans from a customer, you'll get fired. Also, don't stuff your wardrobe full of carrier bags because eventually the doors will bust and your roommate or husband-to-be will be showered in your new clothes.

[3] Shopping & Farming. It's pretty much the same thing, right? 

[4] British Accents For The Win. Becky's British accent is of course swooned over by all the North Americans she meets- accents are just so intriguing. 

[5] Things Can Change In An Instant. One minute you are giving financial advice on the Telly and the next your face is covering every tabloid as stories of your spending spread! Have an outfit ready for whatever might happen next! 

[6] Roll With The Punches. Wallow for a few minutes and then dust your new skirt off and move on.

[7] Your parents will understand. No matter what lies you tell or how many stalkers you make up, your mom and dad will still believe whatever you tell them. Though you may want to make sure your CEO boyfriend actually shows up once and a while. 

[8] Horseback Riding Is Hard. No amount of fancy outfits can prepare you for galloping through the hills with two skilled horseback riders, adding a ribbon made for the horses to your jacket won't improve your skills! 

[9] Always Be Prepared. You never know when a magazine editor will stop you on the street to ask about your outfit. Be prepared to answer their questions, and feel free to embellish!

Scarf: Handwoven by Dolce AND Gabbana // Thermal Top: TopShop
Shorts: Fendi // Sandals: Birkenstock // Bag: Channel
Total Outfit Value: 100,000 pounds. 
[10] Chose Isla Fisher. If you are having a biopic made of your life, make sure the charming Isla Fisher plays you, things like authentic accents can be overlooked. Oh, and have Fergie sing on the soundtrack. 

Source

Have you read the Shopaholic books? Have I missed any other life lessons from Becky?


Keep Smiling :) 

3 comments:

  1. This was adorable. These books are so fun and I also really liked the movie that was made (because I ADORE Isla Fischer, duh)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen that movie!!! I really need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read the books but still loved your post! [Love Isla Fisher!]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo