Friday 17 October 2014

Kindness Counts Fridays Volume 3

Good Morning Lovely Friends, 

It's time for another Kindness Counts Link-Up. You can literally link-up ANYTHING! It can be the tiniest part of your post or the whole focus, I am easy to please!

If you need more information about what the heck I am rambling about check out this post



Before I start my sharing my kindness this week, I have to give a shout out to Helen, because she has been linking up and really doing some seriously kind stuff! Last week she and her children helped prepare food to be delivered around the city to people who needed a hot meal! The week before she let people go in front of her in the grocery store AND swiped her transit pass for someone else! This week her list is equally awe inspiring! 

My Kindness This Week

+ I practiced a great deal of patience on two occasions while calling the cell phone company regarding a problem with my bill. I was so frustrated and overwhelmed, particularly when they did that phone company thing where they ignore your questions and refuse to let you talk to a manager. I tried to act as calmly as possible, remember that the person on the phone actually had NOTHING to do with the bill, they are just the first line of defence. It made the conversations go much better. 

+ One cold night we were at the store and there was a man out front asking for change, I initially said no but while I was in the store I remembered I had a little bit of cash in my wallet. On the way back out I gave him what I had, with the hope it will get him some warm food for the night. 

+ This might seem like a bit of a cop-out but I've been trying to be kinder to myself. To feed my body better food, exercise and take more time to read and relax and less time to watch TV and play on the computer. It's only been a few weeks, but I am starting to feel slightly improved! 

+ My donation pile has continued to grow- I really want to get to place where I am living simply and in doing so I want to make sure my donated items go to someone/somewhere that they are needed! 

+ I had an awesome tea date with one of my former students and their lovely Momma. It was an amazing pick-me up for all of us I think. They just radiate good vibes! 

Kindness I've Witnessed

+Jay had a birthday last weekend, and received so much love and kindness both online and in the mail from friends near and far. Given how much I love this fella it was nice to see that the love is felt all over the place! 

+ One of my 4 year olds today saw another child struggling with their backpack and ran over to help out, without any prompting! So sweet! 


Friday is too much for me today, and I don't have time to fight with InLinkz right now (and by don't have time I mean I have ZERO interest in trying right now- I want to do some Zumba instead). Long story short- I'm just going to post any links below- so if you've got something- email or comment and I'll add it in! 




If I've over complicated this, which is very possible, feel free to just post your own and skip the linking up today!
#kindnesscountsfridays

Keep Smiling :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I'm in this for the long haul....!
    Love your kindnesses...made my heart sing....(and the little one helping the other with the backpack? My heart leapt!)....[Self love, being kind to yourself isn't a cop out - everything begins there (I'm learning!)]....have a LOVELY weekend and a SWEATY zumba!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had quite the ordeal canceling our home internet (back in the USA) over the last couple of months. Remembering that the person on the other end of the phone is not to blame, it's just the system, helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo