Sunday 5 October 2014

Sunday Social 05.10.14



Hopefully you are enjoying a lovely day of relaxing with family and friends. We spent Saturday being completely lazy, sleeping in, having naps and eating terrible (but delicious) food so today has got to be a little more productive! 

Linking up with Ashley & Neely.

Favourite Month: June, because it is a big birthday month in my family (3 including mine) and always used to mark the end of school and back in Jr. High June was home to the a dance at least once a week.

Favourite Holiday: Valentine's Day. I love that a day exists where it is socially appropriate to love everyone openly. I know this isn't the most popular of days for everyone but I really love it and have since I was about 10.


Circa 2004: I had (actually still have) a selection of red shirts just for Valentine's Day. 
iPhone vs. Android: I actually just got a Samsung Galaxy (s4, I'm not quite fancy enough for the s5) last month upgrading from my ancient BlackBerry. I used to dream about iPhones but I'm kind of over the crazy expense and how easy it is to break them.

Most Thoughtful Gift Ever Received: Hmmm... When I left my job as program co-ordinator at a youth drop-in centre, my supervisor and the kids gave me a canvas they had made with their handprints and a poem about our adventures on it. I was incredibly touched by this gift and it has a place of prominence on our living room wall.

Something To Splurge On: Lately it feels like all we've done is splurge, I think it's time to stop spending and focus on saving. I am craving a few cozy fall sweaters though, so I might have to splurge on a couple if I can find a great deal! 



Social Sunday

Keep Smiling :)

3 comments:

  1. I have the s4 too. I really love it. There is a part of me that wants the s5 just because it seems pretty indestructible ha but I'll live with my s4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Sunday Social! Valentine's Day is my favourite holiday as well and the canvas with a poem and handprints from the kids you work with sounds so lovely, definitely a gift to treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, yummy post! That canvas sounds just delightful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo